cooking is my hobby

Cooking is my hobby, I would like to share recipes that I have tried and that were a success. I hope that others will want to share their best recipes with me as well.

Thursday, December 26, 2013

Tuscan Soup


PREP 20 mins COOK 30 mins READY IN 50 mins 4 servings

Ingredients

6 cups chicken broth
1 onion, chopped
3 (3.5 ounce) links spicy Italian sausage (I used mild sausage)
3 large potatoes, cubed
1 bunch fresh spinach, washed and chopped
1/4 cup evaporated milk (I used regular milk)
salt to taste
ground black pepper to taste

Directions

1. Remove skin from sausage and crumble into frying pan. Add chopped onion, and cook over medium heat until meat is no longer pink. If you are trying to cut fat, remove meat from pan, place in a colander, and rinse under cold water.
2. Place meat in a large pot; add stock and potatoes. Boil until potato is cooked.
3. Add spinach. Continue boiling until spinach is lightly cooked.
4. Remove soup from heat, stir in evaporated milk, and season to taste. Do not add any salt if using canned stock.

This was really good.  We had it with toaster strips!!
We went over to my Mom’s for Christmas.  We were supposed to have Filipino food.  It didn’t look like Filipino food to me.  It was good but I was a little disappointed. 
We got to see Julie.  She is looking good!!
I can’t believe that she has eight cats!!!! WHY?  To many for me.  She also has two dogs.  I could not afford nor give them the attention that they require. 
We have a burn ban going on here.  I can’t go for a walk because of the air. 
I am just working Sunday.  Nothing so far for next month.

No comments:

Post a Comment