cooking is my hobby

Cooking is my hobby, I would like to share recipes that I have tried and that were a success. I hope that others will want to share their best recipes with me as well.

Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Mexican Pork Chops


Prep 10 min Cook 50 min Ready In 1 hr 4 servings

Ingredients

1 tablespoon vegetable oil
4 boneless pork chops
2 (14.5 ounce) cans chopped stewed tomatoes, with juice
1 (8.75 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
1 (8 ounce) can red kidney beans, drained
1/2 cup uncooked long grain white rice
1 (4 ounce) can diced green chilies, drained
1/4 teaspoon salt

Directions

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
2. Heat the oil in a skillet over medium heat. Brown the pork chops about 5 minutes on each side. Remove chops from skillet and drain oil.

3. Mix the tomatoes, corn, kidney beans, rice, chilies, and salt into the skillet. Bring liquid to a boil. Cook and stir for 1 minute, until heated through. Transfer the tomato mixture to a baking dish. Arrange the browned pork chops over the mixture.
4. Bake covered 30 minutes in the preheated oven. Uncover, and continue baking 10 minutes, until rice is tender and pork has reached an internal temperature of 145 degrees F

This was so good!!! The meat melted in your mouth!!  It was that tender!!
Worked three days this last weekend!! Boy I was tired when it was over!!
Had a nice time on Friday with the ladies from Mars Hill.  It was nice to see them.
I saw an ex coworker yesterday.  I have known her for years!!! I am sadden because she has no interest in getting together at all.  Another person that I have known for years feels the same wayL  I guess people need to move on.

No comments:

Post a Comment