cooking is my hobby

Cooking is my hobby, I would like to share recipes that I have tried and that were a success. I hope that others will want to share their best recipes with me as well.

Monday, December 30, 2013

Flavorful Rice


Prep 5 min Cook 20 min Ready IN 25 min 8 servings

Ingredients

4 1/2 cups water (I used 2 Cups of water)
3 cups uncooked white rice (I used 1 Cup of rice)
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 tablespoons distilled white vinegar
1/2 teaspoon dried basil
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
1 pinch salt
1 pinch ground black pepper
1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes, drained

Directions

1. In your rice steamer combine the water, rice, olive oil, vinegar, basil, oregano, salt, pepper and tomatoes. Cook according to steamer's settings.

This was good.  Never thought of having tomatoes or basis or oregano in my rice.

No comments:

Post a Comment