cooking is my hobby

Cooking is my hobby, I would like to share recipes that I have tried and that were a success. I hope that others will want to share their best recipes with me as well.

Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Asparagus with Tomatoes


  Prep 5 min Cook 7 min Ready In 12 min 4 servings
Ingredients
1 pound thin asparagus spears, trimmed and cut in half
1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
2 teaspoons minced garlic
1 large tomato, seeded and chopped
1 pinch salt and pepper to taste
Directions
1. Place the asparagus in a large skillet and fill with about 1 inch of water. Cover the pan and set over high heat. When the water comes to a boil, cook for 2 minutes or until the asparagus is bright green and almost tender.
2. In a separate skillet, heat the oil over medium heat. Add the garlic; cook and stir for 1 minute. Add the tomato to the skillet and cook for about 1 minute or until heated through. Season with salt and pepper. Add asparagus to the pan and cook for about 2 minutes, until hot.
This was very good.  Dan was surprised at how good it was!!  He didn’t think that it was going to be good.

No comments:

Post a Comment