cooking is my hobby

Cooking is my hobby, I would like to share recipes that I have tried and that were a success. I hope that others will want to share their best recipes with me as well.

Monday, December 30, 2013

Taco Burgers


Prep/Total Time: 25 min. 6 servings

Ingredients

1 cup finely crushed corn chips
1 envelope taco seasoning
1 tablespoon dried minced onion
1 egg, lightly beaten
1-1/2 pounds ground beef (I used ground pork)
6 slices cheddar cheese
Sandwich buns, split
Lettuce leaves
Tomato slices
Salsa, optional

Directions

1. In a large bowl, combine the corn chips, taco seasoning, onion and egg. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into six patties. 
2.  Grill, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 7-8 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 160° and juices run clear.

3.  Top each burger with a cheese slice; cook just until cheese begins to melt. Serve on buns with lettuce, tomato and salsa if desired.

This was good!!!  I am glad that Dan likes to grill.

No comments:

Post a Comment