cooking is my hobby

Cooking is my hobby, I would like to share recipes that I have tried and that were a success. I hope that others will want to share their best recipes with me as well.

Monday, December 30, 2013

Sauteed Swiss Chard with Parmesan Cheese


Prep 15 min Cook 10 min Ready In  25 min makes 2 cups

Ingredients

2 tablespoons butter
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 tablespoon minced garlic
1/2 small red onion, diced (I used green onion)
1 bunch Swiss chard, stems and center ribs cut out and chopped together, leaves coarsely chopped separately (I used spinach. Dan does not like Swill chard)
1/2 cup dry white wine
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice, or to taste
2 tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan cheese
salt to taste  (optional)

Directions

1. Melt butter and olive oil together in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Stir in the garlic and onion, and cook for 30 seconds until fragrant. Add the chard stems and the white wine. Simmer until the stems begin to soften, about 5 minutes. Stir in the chard leaves, and cook until wilted. Finally, stir in lemon juice and Parmesan cheese; season to taste with salt if needed.

This was good even though I didn’t use the Swill chard. 

No comments:

Post a Comment