cooking is my hobby

Cooking is my hobby, I would like to share recipes that I have tried and that were a success. I hope that others will want to share their best recipes with me as well.

Thursday, September 29, 2011

Ground Lamb Gyros

 Yogurt Sauce:
  • 1 cup plain yogurt
  • 1/2 large cucumber, thinly sliced
  • 2 t lemon juice
  • 1/8 t salt
In a small blow mix together all of the ingredients.  Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
Filling:
  • 1 1/2 lb ground lamb or beef  
  • 1/4 cup chopped fresh mint leaves
  • 1 t dried oregano
  • 1/2 t salt
  • 1/4 t black pepper
  • zest from 1 lemon
Heat broiler.  In a large bowl mix the ingredients together.  Form into six patties, each 1 inch thick.  Broil 5 inches from heat for 7 minutes per side.  Remove from broiler.
Gyros:
  • 6 large pitas, warmed slightly
  • 1 container herb-flavored feta cheese
  • 3 cups shredded iceberg lettuce
Slice patties.  Evenly divide cooked lamb feta and lettuce among the patties.  Fold sides of pitas over the filling in the centers.  Secure with parchment paper or with toothpicks.  Serve with yogurt sauce.

We did not use the pitta.  We made them like hamburger patties and use hamburger buns.  It was tasty
After a stressful few day, I finally got the JET program for ASM working "Advantage Sales and Marketing" It was an on again and off again ordeal.  Totally stressed me out!!! Without this program I can't log in or do my call report.  If I don't do my call report I don't get paid!!!  WOW!!  Sure hope that this doesn't happen again!!

3 comments:

  1. I am going to try out this recipee. It looks really good. Today we had a half day today due to a funeral. Since I don't know the person or the family, I do not need to attend the funeral. It is nice to have a break sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really liked it! I used turkey and hamburger because I couldn't find any lamb.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds good to me!! Glad it truned out!! It's fun to make things your own isn't it!!

    ReplyDelete