cooking is my hobby

Cooking is my hobby, I would like to share recipes that I have tried and that were a success. I hope that others will want to share their best recipes with me as well.

Monday, September 19, 2011

Vegetable -topped fish fillets

2 pounds red snapper or ling cod
Salt, pepper, and dry tarragon
Salad oil
3 Tablespoons butter 
1 small onion, chopped
1/4 pound mushrooms, sliced 
1 medium-size tomato, seeded and chopped
1/4 cup each dry white wine and tomato-based chili sauce
1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese

Sprinkle fillets lightly with salt, pepper, and tarragon.  Place in a greased 9 by 13 inch baking dish and drizzle about 1/2 teaspoon oil over each fillet.  Bake, uncovered, in a 500 oven for 10 to 12 minutes or until fish flakes readily when prodded in thickest portion with a fork.
Meanwhile, in a wide frying pan over medium heat, melt butter.  Add onion and  mushrooms and cook until onion is soft.  Remove from heat and stir in tomato, wine, and chili sauce.
Remove fish from oven; spoon out and discard juices.  Spoon onion mixture evenly over each fillet, then sprinkle with cheese.  Broil about 4 inches from heat until cheese begins to melt.
Severs 4.
Went and had my mammogram today.  Hopefully I will not hear anything from that.
Just heard "one of our" songs. More to day than yesterday.  When I hear it and he is not around I cry almost every time:)
I was not able to cut and paste this recipe into this post.  Could not find it on the web.  So, I hope that it looks ok. 
Some times I wish facebook had spell check then perhaps other people would see this.

No comments:

Post a Comment