cooking is my hobby

Cooking is my hobby, I would like to share recipes that I have tried and that were a success. I hope that others will want to share their best recipes with me as well.

Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Beef and Vegetable Ragout

Prep Time 25 Min Cook Time 40 Min Ready 1 Hr 5 Min

Servings  4

Ingredients

  • 3/4 pound beef tenderloin, cut into 1/2 inch strips
  • 1 tablespoon olive oil
  • 1 1/2 cups fresh mushrooms, sliced
  • 1 medium onion, chopped
  • 2 cloves garlic, minced
  • 2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
  • 1 (14.5 ounce) can beef broth
  • 1/4 cup port wine
  • 2 cups sugar snap peas
  • 1 cup cherry tomatoes, cut in half

Directions

1.                  Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Brown meat 2 to 3 minutes. Remove meat to paper towels. Stir in mushrooms, onion, and garlic; cook until onion is soft.
2.                  Sprinkle in flour, and stir well to mix. Season with salt and pepper. Stir in broth and wine; cook, stirring occasionally, until sauce is thickened. Stir in peas; cook 2 to 3 minutes more. Return meat to skillet. Stir in tomatoes, and heat through.

   This recipe called for beef.  I used pork instead.  It turned out great!  Dan did not like the cherry tomatoes.  He did not like the way they felt in his mouth.
   I was able to help Dan today.  He took out all the wood that was in the shed.  He wanted to make it easier to get at some of the different types of wood that we have.  
    I put some of the wood that had nails still in it and some wood that didn't have nails in it in two different piles in the shed.  Finished around 11:30.  It was starting to get hot.  Supposed to get up to 86.  We're supposed to get up in the 90's for the weekend.  Way to hot for me.
   
    

No comments:

Post a Comment