cooking is my hobby

Cooking is my hobby, I would like to share recipes that I have tried and that were a success. I hope that others will want to share their best recipes with me as well.

Friday, September 23, 2011

Mediterranean Burgers

Total Time: 35 Minutes Prep Time 25 Minutes Ready In 10 minutes

Serves 4

Spot a typo or missing ingredient? Submit your correction for review.

Directions:

Cut the capsicum into large pieces, removing the seeds and membrane. Place, skin-side up, under a hot grill until the skin blackens and blisters. Cool in a plastic bag, then peel and cut into thick strips.
Combine the mince, egg, onion, garlic,pine nuts, fresh herbs, cumin and chili sauce in a large bow. Mix with your hands and roll into four even-sized balls. Press the balls into large patties about 9cm in diameter.
Heat the oil in a large frying pan and cock the patties over medium heat for 6 minutes each side, or until well browned and cooked through, then drain on paper towels.
Halve the rolls and toast both sides. Spread the cut sides of the rolls with hummus, then lay rocket leaves, roasted capcisum and cucumber ribbons over the base. Place a patty on the salad and top with the other half of the roll. Serve with chili sauce.
I did not use the chilies or the rolls.  I used regular hamburger buns.  Did not use the cucumber.

I wish that I knew some one who knows about computers.  I got JET to work.  Thank you Jesus but, my computer is running slow.  I was on the computer all day with Microsoft trying to get the JET to work.  This morning it work.  All I can say is that Jesus has his hand in every thing we do!!

No comments:

Post a Comment