cooking is my hobby

Cooking is my hobby, I would like to share recipes that I have tried and that were a success. I hope that others will want to share their best recipes with me as well.

Thursday, September 15, 2011

Margarita Chicken

Prep Time 15 Min Cook Time 15 Min Ready In 30 Min

Servings  4

Ingredients

  • 1/2 teaspoon lime zest
  • 1/4 cup lime juice
  • 2 tablespoons gold tequila
  • 2 tablespoons honey
  • 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
  • 2 teaspoons cornstarch
  • 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
  • 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
  • 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
  • 4 (10 inch) flour tortillas, warmed
  • 1 tomato, cut into 8 wedges
  • 1 avocado - pitted, peeled, and cubed
  • 1 lime, cut into 8 wedges

Directions

1.                  Preheat oven to Broil.
2.                  Combine the lime zest, lime juice, tequila, honey, oil, cornstarch, garlic salt and pepper in a small saucepan over medium heat. Bring to a boil, stirring, to thicken the sauce.
3.                  Broil chicken breasts for 10 to 15 minutes, or until cooked through (no longer pink inside). Baste with prepared sauce for last 5 minutes of cooking time.
4.                  To serve, arrange a folded tortilla on each of 4 plates; add a chicken breast, 2 tomato wedges and some avocado chunks. Drizzle chicken with remaining sauce and garnish with 2 lime wedges.

With this recipe I did not use the brolier.  I made the sauce according to the directions.  I poured the whole sauce into a 9x13 inch baking pan.  I baked it 45 minutes. Dan doesn't like tequila so I used vodka.  I turned out well:)

No comments:

Post a Comment