cooking is my hobby

Cooking is my hobby, I would like to share recipes that I have tried and that were a success. I hope that others will want to share their best recipes with me as well.

Thursday, September 15, 2011

Papaya & Sausage Sauté Recipe

Cooking Time 10 Min

Prep Time 10 Minutes

Cooking Time 12 Minutes

Serves 4Ingreddients

1 1/4 pounds mild Italian sausages
1/3 cup water
2 tablespoons each lemon juice and honey
1/2 teaspoon each ground ginger, ground coriander, and curry powder
2 medium-size papayas (about 1 lb. each), peeled, seeded, and cut lengthwise into 1/2-inch-thick slices
 3 to 4 cups hot cooked rice

Directions

Prick each sausage in several places, then place in a wide frying pan and add water.
Bring to a boil over high heat; reduce heat, cover, and simmer until water has evaporated and sausages are brown and firm (about 10 minutes).
Remove from heat.
Discard all but 3 tablespoons drippings.
Push sausages to side of pan; stir lemon juice, honey, ginger, coriander, and curry powder into reserved drippings.
Add papayas to pan.
Cook over high heat, turning occasionally, until fruit is glazed and light brown (3 to 5 minutes).
Pour papaya mixture around sausages.
Serve with rice.
In stead of using papayas I used two granny smigh apples.  I chopped them up an added them to the sauce.  I also used sausages that were in the casings. 
I do not know why the font is the way it is at the top I tried to correct it:( 

1 comment:

  1. I am going to try this. I will probably serve it over potatoes.

    ReplyDelete