cooking is my hobby

Cooking is my hobby, I would like to share recipes that I have tried and that were a success. I hope that others will want to share their best recipes with me as well.

Tuesday, February 28, 2012

CHICKEN FRICASSEE

SERVE 6

1 4 - 5 pound chicken skinned
1 onion, cut into quarters
2 ribs celery chopped
1/2 teaspoon thyme
4 or 5 carrots, Peeled, chopped
2 (1O-ounce cans reduced-
fat cream of celery soup
1 1/2 cups rice
Baking mix

Rinse chicken. Combine chicken, onion, celery and thyme in stockpot
Add water to cover chicken by 1/2: cover with lid. Bring to a boil;
reduce heat. Simmer for 1 1/2 hours on until chicken is cooked
through remove chicken to a bowl. Strain broth, discarding onion
and celery. Return broth to stockpot. Stir in carrots and soup,
simmer until carrots are tender-crisp. Stir in rice. Cook until rice
is tender; mixture will be soupy. Add additional water if needed for
desired consistency, Chop chicken into bite-size piece’s, discarding
bone. Add to stockpot and mix gently Prepare dumplings using
package directions on baking mix package. Add to chicken mixture
20 minutes before end of cooking time, adding additional water if
needed. May substitute mixture of equal portions of canned low-fat
low-sodium chicken broth and water for additional water
I did not make the dumplings.  I don't make good dumplings.
This recipe took some time to make, but, was well worth the time.  Any leftovers we are going to freeze.
I forgot in my last posting that one of our leads are also leaving.  So now the supervisor is going and also a lead.  I think that is going to be upsetting to some people.  especially since we don't know who the new lead is going to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment