cooking is my hobby

Cooking is my hobby, I would like to share recipes that I have tried and that were a success. I hope that others will want to share their best recipes with me as well.

Monday, February 13, 2012

CRAB CASSEROLE WITH ARTICHOKE HEARTS

3 tbsp. flour
3 tbsp. melted butter
1 c. milk
1/2 c. white wine or chicken broth
1/2 c. shredded medium sharp cheddar cheese
2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
2 pkg. frozen or 2 cans artichoke hearts, cooked and drained
3/4 lb. crab meat - 2 cans
2 tbsp. grated Parmesan cheese
1 tsp. dried onion
1/2 tsp. dried celery seed
Mix flour with melted butter in saucepan and gradually whisk in flour. Cook until thickened, stirring constantly. Slowly blend in wine or broth, add cheese and Worcestershire sauce, spices, salt, and pepper to taste. Cook until cheese melts. Spoon a little sauce in bottom of 1 1/2 quart greased casserole. Alternate layers of cooked and drained artichokes hearts plus (optional sliced hard boiled eggs) and crab meat. Last layer sauce and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Can refrigerate casserole until ready to bake uncovered at 350 degrees for 30 minutes. Easy. Serve with rice.
We could not find frozen artichoke hearts so I used two cans of artichoke instead.  The recipe turned out fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment