cooking is my hobby

Cooking is my hobby, I would like to share recipes that I have tried and that were a success. I hope that others will want to share their best recipes with me as well.

Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Couscous Paella


PREP: 15 minutes
COOK: about 7 minutes

STAND: 5 minutes
MAKES: 6 servings

2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
1 Pound turkey cutlets, cut into
1/2 -inch Pieces
1/2 pound medium-size shrimp, shelled
and deveined
3/4 teaspoon sat
2 cups chicken broth
1 cup frozen Peas
1 tablespoon dried onion fakes
I box [10 ounces couscous
1 jar 6 1/2 ounces marinated artichokes
2/3 sliced Pepperoni
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper

1' in a large nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium
heat. Add turkey to skillet Saute for 2 minutes
Add shrimp and cook about 3 minutes or until
turkey is no longer pink and shrimp turns pink
Season  with 1/4 teaspoon salt. With a slotted
spoon transfer to a large bowl.
2, In same skillet, mix broth, peas, and
onion flakes. Cover and bring to a boil. Remove
from heat and stir in couscous. Cover and let
stand tor 5 minutes
3. Drain marinated artichokes, RESERVING LIQUID.
Add artichokes. pepperoni  to bowl
with turkey and shrimp.  Fluff couscous mixture
and add to bowl
4. In small bowl, whisk together reserved
artichoke marinade, the lemon juice, cayenne
pepper and the remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt.
Toss with couscous mixture.  Serve warm or at
room temperature.
In this recipe I took out the green pepper and olives.  The next time I make this I will be adding the 2/3 Cups of pepperoni.  The original recipe called for just a 1/2 cup.  We added the pepperoni with our usual ham sandwiches and that has a nice treat.
I am thinking about telling Dan's Mom that I would be willing to go to Australia with her.  It would be for 18 days.  I think that we get along well enough. 
Next year is our 20th wedding annaversary.  We are think about going to Germany.  I would like to go by ourselves.  No Mom or Don. 

2 comments:

  1. I can't wait to try this. I am still working on last year's recipes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so glad that you are interested in my blog!! I love you and appreciate you so much!!

      Delete