cooking is my hobby

Cooking is my hobby, I would like to share recipes that I have tried and that were a success. I hope that others will want to share their best recipes with me as well.

Thursday, February 23, 2012

Oven 'fried' chicken


Preparation 15 minutes
Cooking 50 minutes
Serves; 4-6

3 lb chicken drumsticks
3/4 cup buttermilk
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 cup polenta (cornmeal)
1 cup dry bread crumbs
1/2 teaspoon chili powder
2 eggs
2 tablespoons unsalted butter milted

1. Preheat the oven to 350.F.
Grease a foil-lined baking sheet.
Cut two deep incisions into the
thickest part of each of the
drumsticks (this provides for even
cooking). Place the drumsticks in a
bowl, add the buttermilk and the
oil, and turn to coat

2. Place the polenta, bread crumbs
and chili powder in another bow1.
Season to taste, then mix together.
Put the eggs in a small bowl and
whisk with I tablespoon water.

3. Dip the chicken in the egg
mixture, then coat with the polenta
mixture, pressing with your fingers
to make the crumbs stick. Arrange
on the prepared sheet and drizzle
with melted butter. Bake for
45-50 minutes, or until the chicken
is crisp and golden.
I am quite excited tonight we are going out to dinner with Jonathan.  My sister Jackie will be coming as well.  It will be nice to see them both.  I wish, however, that we could spend some one on one time with him.  I never got to hang with him as a kid and now that he is a grown man I would love to spend some one on one time with him. Don't get me wrong I love spending time with Jackie but, spending time with the Nice's and nephews is a rare event.  I have to admit that it is a rare time that I get to spend with Jackie.  I wish that I could spend more time with her.
I hope that Louise will be able to come up and spend more time.  I feel like I don't know my family at all.  We are all so sperad out.  It's hard to keep in touch.  
Another couple of weaks we will be on our trip!!!  I am excited about it!!
Mom is thinking about having one of her toes cut off.  That sounds so painfull!!!  I can't imagine it!!  
She may even have an operation!! Lordy at her age it seems like a lot of things going on
Tried to get hold of Marie Byrne, her phone is discconected.  Hopefully she will be coming home soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment