cooking is my hobby

Cooking is my hobby, I would like to share recipes that I have tried and that were a success. I hope that others will want to share their best recipes with me as well.

Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Pasta with Sausage and Pesto

Makes: 4  servings
Start to Finish:   30 mins 

Ingredients
·                            1 pound orecchiette or shell pasta
·                            2 cups fresh basil leaves
·                            1 clove garlic
·                            1/4 cup toasted pine nuts
·                            1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
·                            1/4 teaspoon pepper
·                            1/8 teaspoon salt
·                            1/2 cup olive oil
·                            Grated peel and juice of 1/2 lemon
·                            1 teaspoon olive oil
·                            1 13 ounce package fully cooked or ready-to-serve chicken sausage links, diced

Directions

1. Cook pasta according to package directions.
2. Meanwhile, process basil, garlic, pine nuts, Parmesan, pepper, and salt in blender. With machine running, slowly pour in 1/2 cup oil and blend until smooth. Transfer to bowl; stir in lemon peel and juice.
3. Heat remaining 1 teaspoon oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add sausage, and cook, stirring, until edges brown, 5 minutes.
4. Drain pasta. Toss with sausage and pesto in large serving bowl. Serve immediately.
This was very tasty!! Dan took the leftovers for his lunch.
We went out to dinner last weak with Jonathan.  It had been 10 years since we had a one on one time with him!  Wow!! I did not realize that it had been so long.
I found out today that my supervisor Jennifer has left.  No real notice or anything.  Just received an email that we were to contact Mat.  Wow!! turn over there is so fast.  It makes me kind of sad though she is such a nice lady!!  But of course I wish her luck.
Our trip to New Orleans has been move up two days.  We are now leaving on the 14 of March instead of the 16.  We got some one to take of Honey.  So now I don't have to worry about getting some one. 
Have to go to the doctor tomorrow my right ear has been bothering me.  A mild pain.  I want to keep it in check since we are leaving soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment