cooking is my hobby

Cooking is my hobby, I would like to share recipes that I have tried and that were a success. I hope that others will want to share their best recipes with me as well.

Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Shrimp Scallop Teriyaki Recipe

Prep Time 5 Minutes Cooking Time 5 Minutes Ready in 10 Minutes

Ingredients

 
1/4 cup prepared teriyaki sauce
3 tablespoons dry sherry
1 1/2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh ginger or 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
2 cloves garlic, minced or pressed
1 1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
1/2 pound medium-size shrimp, shelled and deveined
1/2 pound scallops, well rinsed
4 tablespoons peanut oil or salad oil
1/4 pound edible-pod peas or 1 package (6 oz.) frozen pod peas, thawed and drained
1/2 pound mushrooms, sliced
5 green onions, cut in 2-inch lengths

Directions

Mix teriyaki sauce, sherry, ginger, garlic, and cornstarch in a deep container and add shrimp and scallops.
Cover and refrigerate for at least 1/2 hour.
When ready to cook, assemble remaining ingredients so that you can reach them quickly.
Pour 2 tablespoons of the oil into a wok or frying pan over high heat; when oil is hot, add peas and cook, stirring rapidly, until peas are bright green.
Remove peas and set aside.
Add remaining 2 tablespoons oil, heat again, and quickly stir and fry mushrooms.
Pour in shrimp and scallops with their liquid; add onion and cook, stirring, over high heat until shrimp turn pink.
Stir in reserved pod peas, remove from heat, and serve.
The trip for New Orleans is a go.  Laura called told us it is in stone.  I put in for the time off yesterday.  I got the time approved today.
Louise's boy friend Roger died yesterday.  I did not like him but I am greaving for the loss of his life.  It is so sad. 

No comments:

Post a Comment