cooking is my hobby

Cooking is my hobby, I would like to share recipes that I have tried and that were a success. I hope that others will want to share their best recipes with me as well.

Monday, February 13, 2012

Pork Chops with Apple & Red Onion Chutney

  • 1/2 cup butter
  • 2 small red onions, sliced
  • 2 Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored, then cut into quarters and sliced
  • 1/4 tsp ground cloves
  • 1/3 cup honey
  • 4 8 oz. pork loin chops
  • 1 ½ pounds green cabbage shredded
  • ½ Teaspoon caraway seeds
Serves 4

1) To make the chutney: Melt ¼ Cup butter in a saucepan, then add the onions, apples, cloves, and honey. Simmer, covered for 10 mins over low heat. Increase the heat to medium, cover, and cook for another 20 mins until the liquid is reduced to a thick chutney.

2) Season chops well on both sides with salt and ground black pepper. Saute the chops over medium-high heat for 6-8 mins on each side, or until browned and cooked through. Remove pan from the heat and allow chops to rest for 2 mins.

3) For cabbage: Melt 1 to 2 Tablespoons butter in large saucepan, add caraway seeds and cabbage, and cook, covered, over medium-low heat, tossing a few times with tongs, for 12 mins or until tender.

4) Serve, with spoonful of chutney on each pork chop
I used shallots instead of red onion.  Red onion is very strong.  I also use coleslaw mix instead of green cabbage.  We also had rice.
We had to fill out this long form for Social Security.  They were calming that I had extra income.  The only income that I had was my unemployment which I stopped when I got hired by Advantage.  I hope that every thing has been worked out.  According to Dan I am a long way from making $1600 that is my limit with the SSD.  Thank you Jesus.  I thought I was getting close to it.
I found out that I have 87 posts on this blog!!!!  Wow!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment