cooking is my hobby

Cooking is my hobby, I would like to share recipes that I have tried and that were a success. I hope that others will want to share their best recipes with me as well.

Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Cream of asparagus soup

1 medium onion, chopped
1 garlic clove, minced
1 bunch asparagus cut up
2-1/2 cups chicken broth
1/8 Teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
3 ounces cream cheese cubed
2 Tablespoon sour cream
1 Teaspoon dill weed
1/2 Teaspoon Nutmeg

In a large sauce pan coated with nonstick cooking
spray, saute onion and garlic until tender. Add asparagus, broth and red pepper flakes. Bring to a
boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 to fifteen
minutes or until asparagus is tender. Place a third
of mixture in a blender add cream cheese, sour
cream and dill. Cover; process until smooth. Return
to pan; cook over medium heat until heated
through. Sprinkle with nutmeg. yield: 4 servings.
If you want more of this soup double the recipe.  When there are four servings we never have leftovers.

No comments:

Post a Comment