cooking is my hobby

Cooking is my hobby, I would like to share recipes that I have tried and that were a success. I hope that others will want to share their best recipes with me as well.

Monday, February 20, 2012

SOUTHWEST TURKEY LOAF

Serves 6
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cookery time: 50 minutes plus 5 minutes to stand

1/2 cup chili sauce
1/2 cup water
2 large eggs
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
1/2 tablespoon chili Powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground black Pepper
3/4 cup quick-cooking oats
2 pounds ground turkey
1/4 cup finely chopped scallions
1 cup frozen corn kernels

1. Heat the oven to 375 lightly grease a roasting pan
2.In a medium-size bowl, mix 1/4 cup chili sauce, the water, eggs,
Worcestershire sauce, mustard, chili powder, salt, and pepper until blended.
Stir in the oats. Let stand for 5 minutes.
3. Add the turkey, scallions, and frozen corn to the oat mixture.
Mix lightly but not thoroughly.
4. In the prepared pan, shape the mixture into two 8 x 4 x 1 1/2-inch
loaves. Bake for 40 minutes.
5. Spread the remaining chili sauce over the loaves. Bake for 10 minutes
longer, or until a meat thermometer inserted into the thickest part registers
165F. Let stand for 5 minutes before slicing.
I was glad Dan was there for this one.  We put the loves in a loaf pan and then transferred them to a baking dish.  It worked out nicely.  If I had done it by myself there would have been a mess.  We had enough meat loaf left over so we froze one loaf.
Don and Pops are going to watch Earl while we go on our trip in March.  We still need to find some one to take of Honey.  I guess well see what happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment