cooking is my hobby

Cooking is my hobby, I would like to share recipes that I have tried and that were a success. I hope that others will want to share their best recipes with me as well.

Monday, March 5, 2012

TIJUANA TORTE


Yield: 8 servings

1 pound ground beef
1 medium onion, chopped
1 envelope taco seasoning mix
1 24-ounce can tomato sauce
1 4-ounce can chopped green chilies

Brown ground beef, onion, stirring frequently; drain. Add taco
seasoning mix, tomato sauce, green chilies, mix well.
Simmer for several minutes. Alternate layers of tortillas, meat sauce
and cheese into 2 stacks in 9x13 baking dish.  Ending with
tortillas and meat sauce. Bake, covered with foil, at 350 degrees for
20 minutes. Bake, uncovered, for 15 minutes longer.  Cut each stack
into 4 wedges’. Serve green salad or rolls.
I used pork instead of beef and green onion instead of regular onion.  Using green onion has worked out well for us.
We got to see Katie yesterday.  It was nice to see her. 
Looking forward to our trip!!!  Next weak!!  Time sure is going!!  Here it is already March.  Gonna be 59 this year!!  Doesn't seem possible. 

No comments:

Post a Comment