cooking is my hobby

Cooking is my hobby, I would like to share recipes that I have tried and that were a success. I hope that others will want to share their best recipes with me as well.

Thursday, October 31, 2013

Spinach Salad


TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 15 min. YIELD: 8

Ingredients

 DRESSING:

 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup canola oil

1/3 cup cider vinegar
1/3 cup ketchup

1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce

SALAD:

2 quarts fresh spinach leaves, torn
 1 can (14 ounces) bean sprouts, drained

 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained
 4 Eggland's Best Hard-Cooked Peeled Eggs, peeled and diced (I used regular eggs)

6 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
1 small onion, thinly sliced

Directions

1.In a bottle or jar, combine all dressing ingredients. Shake well to mix. Set aside. 
2. In a large salad bowl, toss all salad ingredients. Just before serving, drizzle salad dressing over salad and toss.

This was very tasty!!  We had it with something else but, it did not turn out.
Looking forward to tomorrow!!! Going out to lunch with my sister!!! Haven’t had a one on one with her in YEARS!!!  Can’t wait!!

Dan is doing better, but, he still hurts.  Not going out for trick or treating this year.  I would rather go out when Dan is feeling better. 

No comments:

Post a Comment