cooking is my hobby

Cooking is my hobby, I would like to share recipes that I have tried and that were a success. I hope that others will want to share their best recipes with me as well.

Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Beefy Wild Rice Soup


Prep: 15 min. Cook: 1-1/4 hours MAKES: 10-12

Ingredients

 1 pound ground beef (I used ground pork)
1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
6 cups water, divided
2 large onions, chopped (I used two bunches green onion)
3 celery ribs, chopped
1 cup uncooked wild rice
2 teaspoons beef bouillon granules
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
3 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
Directions

1 .In a Dutch oven, cook beef and Italian seasoning over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add 2 cups water, onions, celery, rice, bouillon, pepper and hot pepper sauce; bring to a boil. 
2. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 45 minutes. Stir in the soup, mushrooms and remaining water. Cover and simmer for 30 minutes.

This was very tasty!! We got to have leftovers!!

No comments:

Post a Comment