cooking is my hobby

Cooking is my hobby, I would like to share recipes that I have tried and that were a success. I hope that others will want to share their best recipes with me as well.

Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Ham and Biscuit Skillet


 Prep   5 min. Cook   30 min. Ready In   35 min.   4 servings
Ingredients

1 tablespoon vegetable oil 
1 each onion  (I used green onion)
14 1/2 ounces tomatoes, stewed, canned 
10 ounces kale frozen (I used frozen spinach)
32 ounces butter beans 
8 ounces ham 
1/4 cup ketchup 
1 can 10 oz.  buttermilk Biscuits

Directions
Heat oven to 400 degrees F.
Heat oil in a large skillet.
Peel onion and cut in thin wedges.
Cook 2 to 3 minutes until just tender.
Add tomatoes and frozen greens.
Cover and cook 2 to 3 minutes until greens are thawed.
Drain beans and cut ham in bite-sized pieces.
Stir ham, beans and ketchup into skillet.
Bring to a boil.
Remove from heat and arrange biscuits, just touching, in a ring around edge of skillet.
Bake 10 to 12 minutes until biscuits are golden brown on top and fully cooked on bottom.

This was very tasty. 
I got the flu shot yesterday.  So far my arm is just sore.  I hope that I don’t get sick.
So far, I am working the 26Th. To bad it is Jackie’s birthday.  I do not have many hours coming in so I need to work.
Dan forgot to take his cell phone out of his pocket and it went into the wash.  He got another phone under the table from version.  No contract.  I am going to look into virgin mobile. 
Dan is feeling better every day.  So glad that all went well.

No comments:

Post a Comment