cooking is my hobby

Cooking is my hobby, I would like to share recipes that I have tried and that were a success. I hope that others will want to share their best recipes with me as well.

Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Shrimp with Artichoke Hearts


Preparation Time10 Min Cooking Time30 Min Serves 4

Ingredients

Onion 1 Small, finely chopped  (I used green onion)
 Butter/Margarine 1/4 Cup (16 tbs), melted 
 Flour 3 Tablespoon  
Milk 1 1/4 Cup (16 tbs) 
 Sliced mushrooms 1 Can (10oz), reserve liquid 
Salt 1/2 Teaspoon  
Pepper 1/8 Teaspoon  
Worcestershire 1 Teaspoon  
Frozen shrimp  1 1/2 Cup (16 tbs), canned  (I used about 8 and ½ ounces frozen Med shrimp)
Frozen artichoke hearts 12 , canned   (I used the whole can 14 Ounce)
1/2 cup fresh bread crumbs, mixed with 1 1/2 tablespoons melted butter

Directions
Add onion to the 1/4 cup melted butter and saute until soft and yellow.
Stir in flour until well blended.
Add milk to mushroom liquid to make 1 1/2 cups liquid.
Gradually add this liquid to the butter-flour mixture.
Add salt, pepper, Worcestershire, shrimp, and mushrooms.
Arrange the artichoke hearts in bottom of a buttered casserole (about 8 inches square).
Pour shrimp sauce over artichokes.
Sprinkle buttered bread crumbs on top.
Bake, uncovered, in a moderately hot oven (375°) for 20 to 25 minutes, until bubbly.

This was very good!!!  Anything with shrimp I like.

No comments:

Post a Comment