cooking is my hobby

Cooking is my hobby, I would like to share recipes that I have tried and that were a success. I hope that others will want to share their best recipes with me as well.

Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Layered Fiesta Dip


Prep/Total Time: 20 min. YIELD: 14

Ingredients

2 cans (16 ounces each) fat-free refried beans
1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies, undrained

2 cups (16 ounces) fat-free sour cream
1 envelope reduced-sodium taco seasoning

2 cups frozen peas, thawed
1/4 cup chopped onion (I used green onion)

1 tablespoon lime juice
1/2 teaspoon chili powder

2 garlic cloves, minced
Dash hot pepper sauce

1/2 cup each shredded reduced-fat cheddar and Monterey Jack cheeses
1 cup chopped tomatoes

1/3 cup sliced green onions
Tortilla chips

(I don’t like the taste of low fat, so, I didn’t use them)
Directions

1. In a bowl, combine beans and chilies. Spread onto a 12-in. round serving platter. Combine the sour cream and taco seasoning; spoon and spread evenly over the bean mixture. Set aside. 
2. In a food processor or blender, combine the peas, onion, lime juice, chili powder, garlic and hot pepper sauce; cover and process until smooth. Spread evenly over sour cream layer. Sprinkle with cheeses, tomatoes and green onions. Serve with chips.
This was good!! This was easy and would be great for a party.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment