cooking is my hobby

Cooking is my hobby, I would like to share recipes that I have tried and that were a success. I hope that others will want to share their best recipes with me as well.

Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Pork Chop 'n' Rice Casserole


Total Time: 1 hrs 5 Min's Prep Time: 10 Min's Cook Time: 55 Min's Serves 4

Ingredients

4    pork loin chops, bone in (about 1-1/2 pounds total)  
1/2 teaspoon salt  

1/4 teaspoon black pepper  
2  tablespoons  vegetable oil  

2/3 cup long-grain white rice  
1  cup water  

1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes, jalapeno-flavored   (I used regular diced tomatoes)
2  medium  sweet green peppers, halved, seeded and thinly sliced into strips   (I did not use green peppers)

1  cup cheese, taco-blend shredded

Directions:

1  Heat oven to 350°F.
2 Season pork chops with 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add chops; cook until lightly browned, about 2 minutes per side. Remove skillet from heat.

3 Coat 2-1/2-quart oval baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. Add rice, tomatoes, 1 cup water and remaining salt and pepper; stir to combine. Place pork chops on rice mixture; scatter green pepper over top. Cover dish with foil.
This was very good!!! We had leftovers J

No comments:

Post a Comment