cooking is my hobby

Cooking is my hobby, I would like to share recipes that I have tried and that were a success. I hope that others will want to share their best recipes with me as well.

Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Corn Chip Crunch



Serves 16

Ingredients

6 cups corn chips
1 1/2 cups dry roasted peanuts
 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
 1/2 cup dark corn syrup
 1/4 cup butter

Directions

1. In a large heatproof bowl, combine corn chips and peanuts. In a small saucepan, combine the brown sugar, corn syrup and butter. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Pour over corn chip mixture; toss to coat. Transfer to a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake at 250 degrees F for 30-40 minutes; stirring every 15 minutes. Spread onto waxed paper; cool. Break apart and store in airtight containers.

This was a great snack.  I think that I like it better than or just as good as check mix.

No comments:

Post a Comment