cooking is my hobby

Cooking is my hobby, I would like to share recipes that I have tried and that were a success. I hope that others will want to share their best recipes with me as well.

Monday, October 17, 2011

Turkey Thighs With Cranberry Compote


4 large turkey' thighs (about 4 pound
1 tablespoon olive oil
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
1/2 teaspoon fresh chopped rosemary, or
1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary leaves, crumbled
For garnish: orange slices and sprigs of fresh rosemary (optional)
Cranberry Compote
1 teaspoon olive oi1
1/2 cup chopped onion
1 can (about 16 ounces) whole-berry cranberry sauce
1/2 teaspoon freshly grated orange peel
1 medium-size orange'pee1ed, sectioned, and chopped coarse
(about ½ cup)
1 tablespoon light or dark brown sugar
1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
1/2teaspoon fresh chopped rosemary or ¼ teaspoon dried
rosemary leaves, crumbled
14 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground black Pepper
1. In a 1-gallon-size plastic zipper-type bag, combine the turkey thighs'
olive oil, sa1t, pepper, and rosemary. Close the bag, pressing out the air' and
turn to coat the turkey' Refrigerate for 30 minutes'
2. Meanwhile, make the compote. In a medium-size saucepan' heat the oil
over medium heat. Add the onion and cook, stirring often' for 4 to 5 minutes,
or until soft. Stir in the remaining ingredients and simmer gently for 10
minutes, stirring occasionally. Spoon the compote into a medium-size bowl
and 1et cool to room temperature'
3. Heat a gas grill to medium-high, prepare a charcoal fire' or heat a broiler.
Grill or broil the turkey thighs 4 to 6 inches from the heat source for
about 20 minutes, turning 3 or 4 times during cooking, until crispy golden
on the outside and cooked through.
4. Transfer the turkey to a serving platter and garnish with fresh orange
slices and sprigs of rosemary. Serve with the compote'
Took the dog for a walk today.  When I got home a took a shower.  Not sure what happened but, I did not feel well after that.  Thought that I was going threw up.  my guts felt like I was going to throw up.  I drank a zip phizz and felt a little better.  I still is bothering me.

No comments:

Post a Comment