cooking is my hobby

Cooking is my hobby, I would like to share recipes that I have tried and that were a success. I hope that others will want to share their best recipes with me as well.

Monday, October 17, 2011

Savory Cheese Soup

Total Time:30 Minutes Prep Time 15 Minutes Cook Time 15 Minutes

Get answers about this recipe in our Cooking Q&A forum.
Servings: 4

Directions:

1.    In a large saucepan, saute onion in butter till tender.
2.    Add flour, salt, pepper & garlic powder, stir until smooth.
3.    Gradually add milk, cook and stir over medium heat until thickened and bubbly.
4.    Brink chicken broth to a boil in a small saucepan. Add carrots and celery to broth and simmer 5 minutes or until veggies are tender 8 to 10 Minutes
5.    Add to milk mixture and stir until blended.
6.    Add cheese. Cook until melted.  Don’t boil.  Garnish with chives if desired.

Dan suggested that we add sausages and a small potato.
I was still having trouble with the JET but, since I stop using GMail I think that the problems may be over (I hope)  Gmail wanted to convert Internet explorer.  Microsoft told me not to.  Every one has been grate about not emailing me in GMail.  It's nice that people are willing to work with ya.

No comments:

Post a Comment