cooking is my hobby

Cooking is my hobby, I would like to share recipes that I have tried and that were a success. I hope that others will want to share their best recipes with me as well.

Friday, October 21, 2011

Tamale Corn bread pie

8 ounces extra-lean ground chuck
3 cups whole kennel corn
2 cups canned tomatoes
onion, finely chopped
1 tablespoon chili powder
1 teaspoon cumin
¼ teaspoon ground red pepper
2 cups tomato juice
¼ cup unbleached flout'
1 ½ cups cornmeal
1 tablespoon baking powder
¾ cup skim milk
2 eggs
2 tablespoons olive oil
Brown ground chuck in skillet, stirring until crumbly; drain. Stir in
corn, tomatoes, onion, chili powder, cumin and ground
red pepper. Add mixture of tomato juice and flour and mix well.
Simmer covered, over low heat for' 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Spoon into 9x13-inch baking dish. Combine cornmeal and baking
powder in bowl and mix well. Whisk skim milk, eggs and olive oil in
bowl until blended. Stir into cornmeal mixture until mixed. Spread
evenly oven prepared layer". Bake at 425 degrees for' 2O to 25
minutes on until corn bread topping is cooked through.
In stead of the ground chuck we used bison.  I think that I like the flavor of bison rather than beef.  It is a lot milder than the beef. 
Saw our neighbor Ron yesterday I think that he told me his dog Tim had died.  I am not sure how though.  I will have to ask him about it the next time I see him.  He was just with Phebe.  I hope that I am wrong about the dog.  He takes them every where with him.

No comments:

Post a Comment