cooking is my hobby

Cooking is my hobby, I would like to share recipes that I have tried and that were a success. I hope that others will want to share their best recipes with me as well.

Friday, October 7, 2011

Lunchbox Vegetable Soup

30 MINUTES   Serves 6

4 large carrots (about 1 lb' total)
1 tablespoon butter or margarine
3 stalks celery, cut into l2-inch squares
1 large onion (about 8 oz'), chopped
11/2 cups sliced mushrooms
15 oz. Frozen corn
1 large can (about 49r/z oz) fat-free
reduced-sodium chicken broth
1 can (about 141/z oz) fat'free
reduced-sodium chicken broth
1 1/2 teaspoons dried tarragon
¼ teaspoon pepper
2 cups (about 2 oz') dried pasta bow ties
1 cup frozen Peas

1. Peel carrots and cut crosswise into
rounds.
2. Melt butter in a 5- to 6-quart pan over medium high heat add carrots, celery, onion, and mushrooms
until celery and onion are tender to bite 6 minutes
3. Add broth, tarragon, pepper bring to a boil.
Stir in pasta, corn, and peas return to a boil and cook for 10 minutes
This is another good fall soup.  We enjoyed it very much.
I am working tomorrow and next Sunday.  I sure wish that my hours would pick up.  Ever since she caught me eating a sample my hours have been cut drastically.  I haven't had any more samples since.  Not during my shift anyway.
I could not find this recipe to cut and past in the blog so I had to create a PDF file and then cut and pasted it into a word document.  I am sorry if it does not read well.

No comments:

Post a Comment