cooking is my hobby

Cooking is my hobby, I would like to share recipes that I have tried and that were a success. I hope that others will want to share their best recipes with me as well.

Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Laura's Quick Slow Cooker Turkey Chili

Prep Time 15 Min Cook Time 4Hrs Ready In 4 Hrs 15 Min

Servings  8

Ingredients

  • 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
  • 1 pound ground turkey
  • 2 (10.75 ounce) cans low sodium tomato soup
  • 2 (15 ounce) cans kidney beans, drained
  • 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained
  • 1/2 medium onion, chopped
  • 2 tablespoons chili powder
  • 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
  • 1/2 tablespoon garlic powder
  • 1/2 tablespoon ground cumin
  • 1 pinch ground black pepper
  • 1 pinch ground allspice
  • salt to taste

Directions

1.                  Heat the oil in a skillet over medium heat. Place turkey in the skillet, and cook until evenly brown; drain.
2.                  Coat the inside of a slow cooker with cooking spray, and mix in turkey, tomato soup, kidney beans, black beans and onion. Season with chili powder, red pepper flakes, garlic powder, cumin, black pepper, allspice and salt.
3.                  Cover, and cook 8 hours on Low or 4 hours on High.
We toned down the spices a bit because we don't like reail spicey food.
I just have to wonder what is so funny about my working ab Sams club?  It is a job and it is helping to pay the bills.  A certen family member has laughed twice now at me whenever he has brought up the subject of my working at sams club. 
I feel that I am where I am supposed to be.  I have looked into working at other places but, this is where I am supposed to be.  I have told Dan about this.  He sujected to tell the person that they are being very disrespectful of me and to stop.  I think that I will take his advice.  For me this job is not about money it as about being able to pay the bill and just to live.
Spent time on the phone with microsoft yesterday.  They sujested that we get our computer to a faster speed.  Called quest and we are getting an upgrade and we have to buy a new modem.  Thanks to JET.  The program is so finikey.  I don't like it.
They have me down to work the 30th.  We are going to call in so that I can attend Jackie's Birthday.

No comments:

Post a Comment