cooking is my hobby

Cooking is my hobby, I would like to share recipes that I have tried and that were a success. I hope that others will want to share their best recipes with me as well.

Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Irish Stew

2 Pounds cubed pork
3 Tablespoons flour
3 Teaspoons dry mustard
1 Teaspoon salt
½ Teaspoon pepper
4 stalks celery chopped
1 small turnip chopped
1 medium onion chopped
3 Medium carrots chopped
2 Tablespoons dried parsley
2 Tablespoons oil
2 Tomatoes chopped
1 Teaspoon sugar
1 Teaspoon kitchen bouquet
2 Cups chicken stock

Directions:

1.     Cut meat into cubes.  In a plastic bag, mix flour, mustard, salt, pepper.  Add meat and coat evenly. Set aside
2.     chop vegetables,
3.     Heat oil in pan.  Add meat and brown. 
4.     Add vegetables, parsley, tomatoes, and kitchen bouquet, stock, and sugar.  Bring to a boil and simmer until vegetables are tender.  10 to 15 minutes.
5.     Serve with mashed potatoes.  Serves 8.
I got this recipe from my Mom.  The directions for it were a mess. So, I have typed in a word document and I hope that it is easy to follow.  For some reason she left things out.  This recipe called for beef.  I used pork instead.  It turned out great!!
I did some down right cleaning in the kitchen today.  Tomorrow I hope to clean the cupboards and do some dusting.  I will never match Dan and his vacuum job but at least I am trying.

No comments:

Post a Comment