cooking is my hobby

Cooking is my hobby, I would like to share recipes that I have tried and that were a success. I hope that others will want to share their best recipes with me as well.

Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Garden Turkey Burgers


Prep/Total Time: 25 min. Yield: 6 Servings

 Ingredients
•1 cup old-fashioned oats
•3/4 cup chopped onion
•3/4 cup finely chopped sweet red or green pepper
•1/2 cup shredded zucchini
•1/4 cup ketchup
•2 garlic cloves, minced
•1/4 teaspoon salt, optional
•1 pound ground turkey
•6 whole wheat hamburger buns, split and toasted

 Directions

•In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Crumble turkey over mixture and mix well. Shape into six 1/2-in.-thick patties.
• Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, lightly coat the grill rack. Grill burgers, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 4-6 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 165° and juices run clear. Serve on buns.

This was good!!! Dan is the King of Burgers and fish!!  I am lucky to have a man that loves to cook.
Going out to dinner with Jonathon tonight.  Not sure where we are going, but, he wants to treat. 

Went to the DR. today.  Going to be getting some kind of pill that will hopefully help my breathing.  My peek flow is still down.  It is better than two weeks ago but, I think that it could be better. 
I am hoping that next week to start walking again.  I haven’t been able since I was sick.  So glad I am over that.  I have never been so sick as I was two weeks ago. 

Dan’s Mom got home safely from Florida.  She said that she had a good time.  She said that it was pretty hot.  Not even summer there yet!!!
Decided I am not going to the foster high reunion.  I feel that I should have left sleeping dog lay where there were.  I will not pursue further communication.  It has all been one sided.  With the exception of Paula.  Would like to keep in touch with her. 

Looking forward to going down to Oregon next month.  I haven’t seen my Brother and Sister in law for a while.  It will be nice to see them.  I hope that Louise will fell well enough to want to go out to eat with us.  That will be nice!!
Working Sunday and Monday.  Dan has Monday and Tuesday off.  I haven’t worked a Monday for a while.  I guess it’s because Dan has that day off so that’s why I have to work!! I’m being silly of course!!!  

No comments:

Post a Comment