cooking is my hobby

Cooking is my hobby, I would like to share recipes that I have tried and that were a success. I hope that others will want to share their best recipes with me as well.

Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Panera Broccoli Cheese Soup


Total Time:  1 Hr 20 Min's Prep Time:  30 Min's Cook Time:  40 Min's   Serves 4

Ingredients:

1  tablespoon  melted butter  
1/2 medium  chopped onion  
1/4 cup  melted butter  
1/4 cup flour  
2  cups half-and-half cream  
2  cups  chicken stock  
1/2 lb fresh broccoli  
1  cup carrot, julienned  
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg  
8  ounces  grated sharp cheddar cheese  
 salt and pepper

Directions:

1.  Sauté onion in butter. Set aside.
2.  Cook melted butter and flour using a whisk over medium heat for 3-5 minutes. Stir constantly and add the half & half.

3.  Add the chicken stock. Simmer for 20 minutes.
4.  Add the broccoli, carrots and onions. Cook over low heat 20-25 minutes.

5.  Add salt and pepper. Can be pureed in a blender but I don't. Return to heat and add cheese. Stir in nutmeg.

This was good I did not puree this.  We also had French bread with this.

No comments:

Post a Comment