cooking is my hobby

Cooking is my hobby, I would like to share recipes that I have tried and that were a success. I hope that others will want to share their best recipes with me as well.

Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Nana's Acorn Squash


PREP 5 mins Cook 25 mins Ready in 30 mi Serves 2

1 acorn squash, halved and seeded
salt and pepper to taste
 4 tablespoons butter, divided
 4 tablespoons brown sugar

Directions

1. In a microwave safe casserole dish pour enough water to reach 1 1/2 inches in depth. Place the squash halves cut side down in the water, and pierce the skin with a fork a few times. Microwave on high for 15 to 20 minutes. Drain.
2. Sprinkle each half with salt and pepper to taste. Place 2 tablespoons butter and 2 tablespoons brown sugar in each half.

3. Broil 5 minutes, or until butter is melted. Mix the melted butter and sugar into the flesh, and serve.
This was so good!!! It is nice to have Acorn squash all year around!!

No comments:

Post a Comment