cooking is my hobby

Cooking is my hobby, I would like to share recipes that I have tried and that were a success. I hope that others will want to share their best recipes with me as well.

Monday, May 6, 2013

Low & Slow Oven Baked Ribs - Super Simple!


Total Time: 4 Hrs 20 mins Prep Time: 5 mins Cook Time: 4 Hrs 15 mins Serves 4-6

Ingredients:

2    racks baby back ribs (our favorite are baby back ribs, but this works well with St. Louis style ribs too)  

1  cup barbecue sauce

Directions:

1. Preheat oven to 225 degrees.

2. Season your ribs with Dale's marinade, your favorite rib rub, grill seasoning, or simply salt and pepper.

3. Place ribs, meat side down, in baking dishes.

4. Cover the baking dishes with aluminum foil and place in the oven.

5. If you are using small baby back ribs, take out after 3.5 hours. If you are using regular baby back or St. Louis style ribs, then take out after 4 hours.

6. Drain off the drippings. Flip the ribs over using two spatulas (and an extra set of hands if you have them) so the meat side is up. Be careful, as they may be so tender they fall apart.

7. Put a layer of BBQ sauce on the ribs and return to the oven uncovered for an additional 20-30 minutes.

8. Remove from oven and serve them up with a side of potato salad and some baked beans.

This was very good.  I used my own rub. Garlic, onion powder, black pepper.

I have been sick for the last four days.  I feel like crap.  Friday I had the runs and felt like I was going to throw up.  I have been plugged up headache.  In short not my self.

I found my long lost friend Paula!!!  I am so glad to be in touch with her.  I have been looking for her it seems like forever.  Found out she was a friend of Michael’s.  I guess that they new each other in school.  I hope that I can talk to her and find out what is going on in her life.  It will be so nice to talk to her.
Got an email to work at Fred Meyer.  Not going to do it.  They want to pay me 10. Instead of the 10.50.  Not going to work for less.  Shift is crappy as well 3:30 to 8pm.  Much to late.  I am working this Thursday and Saturday.  I sure hope that I feel up to doing it.  Dan was off all last week.  We’ll see what happens

No comments:

Post a Comment