cooking is my hobby

Cooking is my hobby, I would like to share recipes that I have tried and that were a success. I hope that others will want to share their best recipes with me as well.

Thursday, May 16, 2013

Chicken 'n' Spinach Pasta Bake


Total Time: 1 HR. 15 Min's Prep Time: 15 Min's Cook Time: 1 hr Serves 6

Ingredients:

8  ounces  uncooked rigatoni pasta  
1  tablespoon olive oil  
1  cup  finely chopped onion (about 1 medium)  
1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed (I used 10 oz. fresh baby spinach leaves, chopped)  
3  cups  cubed cooked chicken breasts (I used chopped rotisserie chicken from the grocery deli)  
1 (14 1/2 ounce) can Italian-style diced tomatoes, undrained  
1 (8 ounce) container chive & onion cream cheese  
1/2 teaspoon salt  
1/2 teaspoon pepper  
1 1/2 cups  shredded mozzarella cheese

Directions:

1. Prepare rigatoni according to package directions.
2. Meanwhile, spread oil on bottom of an 11x7" baking dish; add onion in a single layer. Bake at 375 degrees for 15 minutes or just until tender. Transfer onion to a large bowl and set aside.

3. Drain thawed spinach well, pressing between layers of paper towels.
4. Stir rigatoni, spinach, chicken and next 4 ingredients into onion in bowl. Spoon mixture into baking dish, and sprinkle evenly with shredded mozzarella cheese.

5. Bake, covered, at 375 degrees for 30 minutes; uncover and bake 15 more minutes or until bubbly.

This was good.  I did not do step two.  I used green onion instead of regular onion.

My energy level is a little better today.  I still have a long way to go for me to be getting back to me.  My asthma is still bad.  Peek flow is still low. 

I am working tomorrow and Saturday. 

Robin and her boy friend are going to try and quit smoking.  I am praying that they will make it.  She needs to live a long life for her sons.

Mom will not be coming over Saturday.  I am still not up for it.  She has been hurting real bad.  How sad to be in such pain!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment