cooking is my hobby

Cooking is my hobby, I would like to share recipes that I have tried and that were a success. I hope that others will want to share their best recipes with me as well.

Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Simply Sour Cream Chicken Enchiladas


Total Time: 45 Min's Prep Time: 25mins Cook Time: 20 Min's Serves 8

Ingredients:

1  lb chicken breast, diced   (Three chickens breasts cut small pieces)
1  medium onion, chopped  
1  tablespoon  vegetable oil  
8   flour tortillas, softened (8 inches each)  
1 1/2 cups grated monetary jack cheese or 1 1/2 cups  Mexican blend cheese, divided  
1/4 cup butter  
1/4 cup flour  
1 (15 ounce) can chicken broth  
1  cup sour cream  
1 (4 ounce) can  chopped green chilies

Directions:

1. In fry pan, cook chicken and onion together in oil over medium-high heat until chicken is just done.
2. Divide cooked chicken evenly between 8 tortillas; add 1 1/2 tablespoons cheese to each tortilla.

3. Roll enchiladas and place seam-side down in 9x13" baking dish that has been lightly sprayed with no-stick cooking spray.
4. Melt butter in a medium saucepan; stir in flour to make a roux; stir and cook until bubbly; gradually whisk in chicken broth then bring to boiling, stirring frequently.

5. Remove from heat; stir in sour cream and green chilies; pour sauce evenly over enchiladas.
6. Top with remaining 3/4 cup cheese (baking dish may be double-wrapped and frozen at this point) and bake at 400F for 20 minutes until cheese is melted and sauce near edges of baking dish is bubbly.

This was good.  I needed to cut the chicken pieces smaller.  More chicken would have been nice too.
I am feeling better.  Still a ways to go.  Boy this has really knocked me down!! Still not much energy. 

I did some needed cleaning today.  Finally!!!  I will be so glad to be back to being myself again.  Working this Friday and Saturday.
I will decide tomorrow whether to have Mom over Saturday or not.  I am thinking that it should be ok.  I would love for her to see her Gran nieces and nephews.  She will love that.

I think that she is going to the DR. tomorrow.  Hopefully they will talk about what to do about the vain.   I will be a hard decision to make.  Both not good.
All we can do is put it in God’s hand and pray.  God knows so much more than we do about things.   

No comments:

Post a Comment