cooking is my hobby

Cooking is my hobby, I would like to share recipes that I have tried and that were a success. I hope that others will want to share their best recipes with me as well.

Monday, May 13, 2013

Applebee's Honey Grilled Salmon


Total Time: 30 Mins Prep 20 Mins Cook 20 Mins Serves 4

Ingredients:

Honey Pepper Sauce
3/4 cup honey
1/3 cup soy sauce
1/4 cup dark brown sugar, packed
1/4 cup pineapple juice
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
2 tablespoons white distilled vinegar
2 teaspoons olive oil
1 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1/2 teaspoon paprika
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
4 (8 ounce) salmon fillets (without skin)

Directions:

1. Make the sauce by combining all ingredients, except salmon, in a medium saucepan over medium/low heat.
2. Stir occasionally until sauce begins to boil, then simmer uncovered for 15 minutes or until syrupy.

3. Watch the sauce closely to be sure it doesn't bubble over.
4. Preheat barbecue grill to medium heat.

5. Rub each salmon filet with vegetable oil, then add a light sprinkling of salt and pepper.
6. Grill the salmon for 4 to 7 minutes per side or until done.

7. Serve salmon with a small cup of the honey pepper sauce on the side

This was very good!! We did not grill it.  Dan pan fried it and Boy was it good!! He liked the sauce so much that he wants to find a way to thicken it!!

I still don’t feel that well.  I am doing better!! Thank you Jesus!! Still a ways to go though.

Mom is doing better.  She may need surgery.  One of the vanes in her neck is very thin.  If she doesn’t have the surgery should could major stroke out and if she has the surgery she could die on the table.  I think that I would rather die on the table rather than stroke out.  That is just my thought.  I would rather spend my life being me rather than not me.  Not being able to talk or do what I like to do would be to hard on me and every one around me.

I have to work Friday and Saturday.  Not working at Fred Meyer.  Praise God.  To much energy that what I have to do that event.

No comments:

Post a Comment