cooking is my hobby

Cooking is my hobby, I would like to share recipes that I have tried and that were a success. I hope that others will want to share their best recipes with me as well.

Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Shellfish Casserole


Serves 6-8

 Ingredients

 1 cup vegetable-juice cocktail or tomato juice

 1 cup mayonnaise

 1 can (7 or 8 oz.) crab meat or 1 to 1 1/2 cups fresh crab meat

 1 can (about 5 oz.) shrimp or 1 cup small fresh shrimp (shelled and deveined)

 2 cups cooked rice

 1/3 cup finely chopped green pepper

 Salt and pepper to taste

2 tablespoons butter, melted

1 cup soft bread crumbs

1/2 cup slivered almonds

 

Directions

 

In a bowl, combine the vegetable juice and mayonnaise; mix until well blended.

Stir in crab meat, shrimp, rice, green pepper, and salt and pepper to taste; mix just until ingredients are well distributed.

Spoon into greased 2-quart casserole.

In small pan, add to butter the fresh bread crumbs and almonds.

Mix with fork until crumbs are coated with butter.

Spoon evenly over mixture in the casserole.

Bake in a 375° oven 15 minutes until bubbly and top is lightly browned.

This recipe is very easy.  At the end they did not give you a cooking time.  I added the 15 minutes.

I haven’t heard any more about the women that said that I called her out of her name.  I hope that this will go away.  It just surprised me that some one would even say such a thing about me.  I guess she was pretty mad that her kids couldn’t get their own sample.  It is a stupid rule I have to admit.  Costco doesn’t have rules like we do.   Perhaps they should.

Andrew is going to help us get the printer going.  Thank You Lord.  It went off line and we can’t get it back on.

No comments:

Post a Comment