cooking is my hobby

Cooking is my hobby, I would like to share recipes that I have tried and that were a success. I hope that others will want to share their best recipes with me as well.

Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Curry Beef Wrapped In Lettuce


Serves 3 to 4

Ingredients

1 tablespoon salad oil

1 medium-size onion, chopped

2 tablespoons curry powder

2 tablespoons each tomato paste and sugar

3/4 pound lean ground beef

2 ounces mushrooms, chopped

2 tablespoons distilled white vinegar

Salt

1 medium-size head butter lettuce, separated

into leaves, rinsed, and crisped

Directions

Heat oil in a wide frying pan over medium-high heat.
Add onion and cook, stirring, until edges begin to brown about 5 minutes.
Mix in curry powder and cook, stirring, for about 1 minute.
Then add tomato paste and sugar; stir until mixture is bubbly about 1 minute.
Crumble in meat; add mushrooms and vinegar.
Cook, stirring, until almost all liquid has evaporated and meat is no longer pink about 8 minutes; mixture should still be moist enough to cling together.
Season to
taste with salt.
Spoon meat mixture into a warm serving bowl; arrange lettuce in a basket or on a plate.
Spoon hot meat mixture into lettuce; roll lettuce around meat and eat out of hand.


Instead of wrapping these in lettuce, I chopped up the lettuce and used them in the wrap. we wrapped them in Don Poncho wraps.  Those wraps are so good very flexible.  Even after you heat them up.  I  also used ground pork.

No comments:

Post a Comment