cooking is my hobby

Cooking is my hobby, I would like to share recipes that I have tried and that were a success. I hope that others will want to share their best recipes with me as well.

Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Salami & Mushroom Spaghetti


SERVES 3 TO 4

Ingredients

1 package (8 oz.) spaghetti

Boiling salted water

3 tablespoons butter or margarine

1 package (about 4 oz.) sliced Italian dry salami, cut into thin strips

1/4 pound mushrooms, thinly sliced

4 green onions (including tops), thinly sliced

1/2 cup half-and-half (light cream)

1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese

Directions

Following package directions, cook spaghetti in a large kettle of boiling salted water until al dente; drain thoroughly.
Meanwhile, in a wide frying pan over medium-high heat, melt butter.
Add salami, mushrooms, and onions; cook, stirring frequently, until mushrooms are soft and liquid has evaporated.
Reduce heat to low, add half-and-half, and cook until mixture is heated through.
Add hot drained spaghetti and lightly toss with sauce; then add cheese.
Toss until spaghetti is evenly coated.


You wouldn’t think that salami and mushrooms would go with spaghetti.  Man this was good!!
Have to work for the next three days.  That’s ok because I am going to be doing something new.  I am going to be using a toaster and doing some kind of ego with pineapple.  Sounds good to meJ

No comments:

Post a Comment