cooking is my hobby

Cooking is my hobby, I would like to share recipes that I have tried and that were a success. I hope that others will want to share their best recipes with me as well.

Sunday, October 14, 2012

Quick-To-Fix Turkey and Rice Soup


Serves 6

Ingredients

4 cups chicken broth

1 cup water

1 teaspoon snipped fresh rosemary or 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed

¼ teaspoon pepper

1 10 ounce package frozen mixed vegetables (2 cups)

1Cup quick-cooking rice

2 cups chopped cooked turkey or chicken

1 14 1/2ounce can tomatoes, cut up

Directions

1. In a large saucepan or Dutch oven combine chicken broth, water, rosemary, and pepper. Bring to boiling.

2. Stir in mixed vegetables and rice. Return to boiling. Reduce heat and simmer, covered, for 10 to 15 minutes or until vegetables and rice are tender. Stir in turkey or chicken and undrained tomatoes; heat through. Makes 6 main-dish servings.

This was a great first fall soup!! For the mixed vegetables we used frozen corn and peas.  We don’t care for the taste of the frozen mixed vegetables.

No comments:

Post a Comment