cooking is my hobby

Cooking is my hobby, I would like to share recipes that I have tried and that were a success. I hope that others will want to share their best recipes with me as well.

Monday, October 15, 2012

Chicken Caper

Serves 4-6

 Ingredients

 3 1/2 to 4-pound frying chicken, cut up

 All-purpose flour

 Pepper and ground ginger

 1/4 cup butter or margarine

 1 large onion, chopped

1 clove garlic, minced or pressed

 1 can (12 oz.) frozen apple juice concentrate, thawed (do not dilute)

 3 tablespoons each lemon juice, dark rum, and drained capers

  Directions

 Reserve chicken neck and giblets for other uses, if desired.

Rinse chicken and pat dry.

Dust with flour; shake off excess.

Sprinkle lightly on all sides with pepper and ginger.

Melt butter in a wide frying pan over medium heat.

Add chicken, a portion at a time, without crowding; cook, turning, until browned on all sides.

Lift out and set aside.

Add onion and garlic to pan and cook, stirring, until onion is soft.

Stir in apple juice, lemon juice, rum, and capers.

Return chicken to pan.

Increase heat to high and bring juice mixture to a boil; then reduce heat, cover, and simmer, turning once, until meat near thighbone is no longer pink when slashed (35 to 40 minutes).

Transfer chicken to a platter and keep warm.

Skim and discard fat from pan juices; if necessary, boil juices, uncovered, until slightly thickened.

Pour sauce into a bowl and offer to spoon over individual portions.

With this recipe, we browned the chicken and then we baked it in a 350 oven for 45 minutes.  I think that the next time I do this recipe I will take the chicken out of the pan and thicken up the sauce. 

We went for a long walk today.  I had the day off and he had some training to do at 1pm. 

Not sure but, I think that we are going down town to the mars hill church.  I am hoping that the music and all will be better there. 

Since Adam left and BET left there is no spark at the West Seattle Church.  I know that with my job I can’t participate on a lot of things that my happen on the weekend but, so far they haven’t had any activities on the weekend except for October 27.  They are having a Halloween like party.  I have to work that day but, it goes on till 9pm so maybe we can go.  It would be something different to do.  I guess we will see:)   

No comments:

Post a Comment