cooking is my hobby

Cooking is my hobby, I would like to share recipes that I have tried and that were a success. I hope that others will want to share their best recipes with me as well.

Sunday, October 14, 2012

Linguine With Zucchini


Ingredients

  3 tablespoons salad oil

 6 medium-size zucchini (about 1 1/2 lbs. total), coarsely shredded (5 to 6 cups)

 3 large cloves garlic, minced or pressed

10 to 12 ounces fresh linguine or 8 ounces dry linguine

 1/4 cup chopped parsley

 1/4 cup butter or margarine

 1/2 cup half-and-half

 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese

 1 1/2 cups (6 oz.) shredded jack cheese

Salt and freshly ground pepper

 Directions

 Heat oil in a wide frying pan over high heat.

Add zucchini and garlic; cook, stirring, just until zucchini is tender-crisp to bite (3 to 4 minutes).

Reduce heat to low.

While zucchini is cooking, in a 5- to 6-quart pan, cook linguine in 3 quarts boiling water just until tender to bite (1 to 2 minutes for fresh pasta, 8 to 10 minutes for dry); or cook according to package directions.

Drain well and set aside.

 

 

To zucchini mixture, add parsley, butter, and half-and-half; stir lightly until butter is melted.

Add pasta, Parmesan cheese, and jack cheese.

Mix lightly, using 2 forks.

Season to taste with salt and pepper.

We added sausage to this meal.  It stretched it out to make two meals.

We went down to Tacoma for the day yesterday.  I had the weekend off.  Sunday we were supposed to go to the Edmonds antique mall.  He never said a word about serving at the church.  I guess I am supposed to be a mind reader.  I talked about going on Thursday didn’t say anything about it.  I guess the next time I have time off he can look at the calendar himself.  I guess if he wants to do something he will let me know.  This is the first weekend that I have had off since I started working with advantage.  Usually if I want a weekend off I have to take it off.

No comments:

Post a Comment