cooking is my hobby

Cooking is my hobby, I would like to share recipes that I have tried and that were a success. I hope that others will want to share their best recipes with me as well.

Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Iceberg Salad With Cashews


Serves 6

Ingredients

1 medium-size head iceberg lettuce, broken into bite-size pieces

1/3 cup thinly sliced green onion

1/2 cup chopped salted cashews

2 tablespoons chopped parsley

3 tablespoons roasted sunflower seeds

3 strips bacon

Salad oil

1/4 cup white wine vinegar

2 teaspoons sugar

Salt and pepper

1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese

Directions

In a salad bowl, mix together lettuce, onion, cashews, parsley, and sunflower seeds; set aside.
In a frying pan over medium heat, cook bacon until crisp; drain and crumble into lettuce mixture.
Pour bacon drippings into a measuring cup and add enough salad oil to make 1/3 cup total.
Return to pan with vinegar and sugar, and stir until sugar is dissolved.
Pour over lettuce and toss well.
Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Garnish with grated cheese.


We did not use iceberg lettuce.  We used romaine and it worked out fine.  We had this recipe on a day when it was hot.  I think that we used don Pocho wraps with this as well

We went on Holiday last weekend and had a nice time.  Went over to Twisp.  We have never been there before.  I don’t think that we will go back.  The cabin was a three star and there was not much there.  We had fun any way.  We saw some dear and meet some real nice people.   

No comments:

Post a Comment