cooking is my hobby

Cooking is my hobby, I would like to share recipes that I have tried and that were a success. I hope that others will want to share their best recipes with me as well.

Monday, September 9, 2013

Tagliatelle With Pork And Beef ragu


Ingredients

2 Pound Boneless pork , cut in 1/2-inch pieces
1 Pound Boneless beef chuck, trimmed of fat and cut in 1/2-inch pieces
1 Tablespoon Olive oil
1 Small, Onion chopped
1 Small Carrot, peeled and chopped
2 Celery ribs, chopped
30 Ounce (1 Can) Canned Italian crushed tomatoes in puree
1 Cup Water
1 Teaspoon Rosemary
½ Teaspoon Salt
¼ Teaspoon pepper
1/8 Teaspoon Nutmeg
½ Cup Grated Romano Cheese
½ Cup Grated Parmesan Cheese

Directions
1. Trim excess fat from pork and beef. In a nonreactive large saucepan, heat oil over medium heat. Add pork and beef and cook, turning several times to brown evenly, about 4 to 5 minutes. Remove meat to a bowl and reserve. Add onion, carrot, and celery and cook 3 to 4 minutes, or until softened. Return meat to pan and add tomatoes, water, and rosemary. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, cover, and cook about 1 hour, or until meat is fork-tender and beginning to fall apart. Season with salt, pepper, and nutmeg.

This was very good!!!  We got to have leftovers!! Yes, I did use the Beef!!
Dan and I have been trading off being sick.  He had to go to urgent care three times!!!  He is doing better.  He will have to have surgery some time within the next couple of months.  His prostrate is enlarged L

Got to take Mom out to lunch this last Sunday.  We went to a Mexican restaurant out in the North end.  Food was great.  I wish that they would have taken the tales off the shrimp though.
Because of Dan having to go to urgent care and the doctor I missed two days of work. I am gad that I went with him, so, I am not com0plaining.  That is what a wife is supposed to do.  Be there when ever she is needed!! I am just saying that with my being sick and him being sick I have missed days that I could have worked.  So far the only day that I am working will be this coming Saturday.  Well it’s in Gods hands I will have to leave it there J

No comments:

Post a Comment